Property Search
Min Rent
Max Rent

Property Alerts
Min Rent
Max Rent

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What do I have to pay to reserve a property?

A. You will have to pay the first half of your security deposit to reserve a property. This acts as a ‘holding’ payment and is non-refundable should you withdraw from the proposed tenancy

Q. What must I do prior to moving in to the property?

A. You’ll need to pay the remaining half of your security deposit, and your first month’s rent. Our online application form – see – must be completed and photographic ID, proof of current address (a utility bill or bank statement, for both you and your guarantor), and completed guarantor form.

Q. What is a guarantor?

A. To qualify as a guarantor, the person will need to be a home owner and have an income to cover the financial commitment, and be free from County Court Judgements recorded against them

Q. Will my deposit be protected?

A. Yes, through the DPS (Deposit Protection Service). This is an independent scheme that aims to fairly resolve any disputes between landlords and tenants.

Q. Am I committed to pay rent for a fixed term?

A. Yes, depending on the length of the tenancy you sign, you are legally required to pay the rent until the contract ends.

Q. What does ‘jointly and severally’ liable mean?

A. Where there is more than one tenant signing an agreement, all tenants are ‘jointly and severally’ liable. This means that each tenant can be held responsible for the agreement and paying of rent and not just a share of it. Be sure about the people that you agree to share with as if they fail to pay the rent, you can also be held liable. The tenants are jointly and severally responsible for the property as a whole – and for the deposit as a whole. If damage is caused by one tenant but exceeds the amount of his or her deposit, deductions can be made from his or her housemates’ deposits – if the damage exceeds the entire deposit, ALL tenants will be responsible for the additional monies due

Q. Who will maintain/manage the property after I/we have moved in?

A. NU:LETS will manage the property for ‘Managed’ lets, and the Landlord will manage the property for ‘Tenant-Find’ lets

Q. Who will pay for the Utilities, Services and TV Licence?

A. Normally most bills will be the responsibility of the tenant unless stated otherwise. There will be no Council Tax charge where full time students ONLY occupy a house.

Q. Will my belongings be covered by the Landlord’s insurance?

A. No, tenants must take out insurance for their own belongings.

Q. What happens after we move out?

A. NU:LETS will conduct a ‘check out’, comparing the ‘move out’ condition to the ‘move in’ condition using digital photos and video. Deductions can be made for ‘financial loss incurred by any breaches of the tenants obligations…’ but not for reasonable wear and tear. Any and all proposed deductions will have to be agreed by both the landlord and tenant/s. The deposit should be returned within 28 days of the end of the lease and the return of the keys

Q. Can I rent properties through you if I’m not a student?

A. Yes. Non-students will have to pay additional fees.

Upholding simple courtesies such as respect and communication, providing excellent quality property representative of the image our brand, and limiting your Property Manager’s workload so they’re always available, are just a few of the reasons you’ll recommend NU:LETS at the end of your stay.

Our Data Protection Summary

Download our Data Protection Summary here

Our Internal Complaints Procedure

Download our Internal Complaints Procedure here

Think about getting some insurance to protect your personal belongings?

Student possessions insurance with Endsleigh could cost you less than you think. We insure more student rooms in the UK than anyone else and we are the only student insurance provider endorsed by the National Union of Students.

Click here to get an immediate quote and cover today!

Endsleigh offer specialist policies for all situations, whether you are living in rented/shared accommodation, buying your first home or just looking for the most competitive price, Endsleigh will find the best policy from their panel of leading insurers.